Join one of Ohio’s most popular speakers as he reviews how to effectively and legally document and warn problem employees in such a way that PREVENTS lawsuits in his own unique, practical, entertaining and humorous style. Scott will show you how to how to use this information IMMEDIATELY with his own “rubber hits the road” approach as a human resource professional and employment attorney.
- What is “EMPLOYMENT AT WILL” … and why can you NOT count on it?
- What is DOCUMENTATION and what is PROOF?
- Why can you rely on the statements given to you by employees and why are they not “HEARSAY.”
- What are the STEPS OF COACHING managers should follow?
- What PROVEN FORMULA should ALWAYS be followed in drafting a written warning?
- When is it appropriate to DIGITALLY RECORD a written warning and/or termination?
- What steps should you follow when DELIVERING a written warning?
- How do you DOCUMENT VERBAL WARNINGS?
- What do you do if an employee REFUSES TO SIGN a written warning? (No…You do NOT go and get a witness.)
- …and MUCH, MUCH more…
In this session, you will learn:
- What is protected and what is not under EMPLOYMENT AT WILL
- What legally constitutes DOCUMENTATION today
- How to properly COACH employees
- How to properly draft a WRITTEN WARNING
THIS SESSION IS APPROVED FOR 2 HOURS OF SHRM CREDITS AND HRCI GENERAL CREDITS