Oh, No! It's Wage and Hour!
Understanding the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938
The Fair Labor Standards Act is as confusing as Employment Law gets--learn everything you need to know about the FLSA. Scott will show you how to how to use this information IMMEDIATELY with his own “rubber hits the road” approach as a 30 year human resource professional and employment attorney.
In this program, you will learn:
- What do the REGULATIONS say about who is EXEMPT and NON-EXEMPT from overtime pay...and what does that MEAN?
- What are the DUTIES TESTS for the EXECUTIVE, ADMINISTRATIVE and PROFESSIONAL EXEMPTIONS?
- Who is exempt under the OUTSIDE SALES exemption?
- Who is an EMPLOYEE and who is an INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR?
- How is OVERTIME CALCULATED and paid?
- What is “ROUNDING”...and how do I use it for “clocking in and clocking out”?
- How must your TIME CARDS be filled out?
- When can you put nonexempt employees on a FLUCTUATING WORK WEEK Pay Agreement?
- Can I DEDUCT money owed to me from my employees’ wages without a signed agreement?
- How long do LUNCHES have to be in order for them to be unpaid?
- Do I have to give my employees BREAKS?
- When are breaks UNPAID?
- When do I have to pay for TRAVEL TIME?
- When do I have to pay for time spent TRAINING my employees?
- What is a BLENDED HOURLY RATE and how does it work?
- What is COMPENSATORY TIME...and when can you use it?
- What is the SALARY TEST and how does it work today?
- What DAMAGES are allowed under the FLSA?
This program has been approved for 3.5 hours of SHRM and HRCI recertification credits and CLE credits for attorneys.
This program comes to you on a FLASH DRIVE in an MP4 format and is broken down into 18 video sessions. You can watch each INDIVIDUAL video session at a time or all 3.5 hours at once. A massive 67 page handout is included. If you would prefer to have this program in a DVD format, please indicate this when placing your order.
Order Employment Law Videos
|Effectively DOCUMENTING and WARNING Employees||$50.00||Online||BUY ►|
|Creating a "Safe" Workplace: Civility, Tolerance & Harassment Under the New EEOC Guidelines||$250.00||Online||BUY ►|
|Understanding the New ADA of 1990||$250.00||Online||BUY ►|
|Understanding the New FMLA of 1993||$250.00||Online||BUY ►|
|Oh No! It's Wage and Hour! (Understanding the FLSA of 1938)||$250.00||Online||BUY ►|