Understanding the New Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993
Complete Training Sessions
Join one of Ohio’s most popular speakers as he reviews how the FMLA has COMPLETELY CHANGED under the new regulations. Learn how the FMLA has changed and why it is now one of the most dangerous laws out there for employers. Scott will show you how to how to use this information IMMEDIATELY with his own “rubber hits the road” approach as a 30 year human resource professional and employment attorney.
In this program, you will learn:
- When is an employer “ON NOTICE” of an FMLA condition?
- What is a “SERIOUS HEALTH CONDITION” under the FMLA?
- How do you count MILITARY SERVICE towards FMLA eligibility?
- How do you count the amount of FMLA time off an employee gets for leave...including mandatory overtime?
- How should employers coordinate FMLA leave with other leaves, such as sick time, vacation time, holidays and so on?
- Who qualifies as a “CHILD”?
- How has the Department of Labor changed the definition of “PARENT”?
- How should employers count HOLIDAY time off under the FMLA?
- How are “SAME SEX MARRIAGES” viewed under the FMLA?
- What does it mean to “CARE FOR A COVERED FAMILY MEMBER”?
- What does it mean to provide “PSYCHOLOGICAL COMFORT” for a covered family member?
- When can employers ask employees for a MEDICAL CERTIFICATION or a RETURN TO WORK SLIP...and when CAN THEY NOT?
- What FMLA Notice requirements are placedupon EMPLOYEES...and which are placed on EMPLOYERS?
- What is the difference between a “General Notice,” an “Eligibility Notice,” a “Rights and Responsibilities Notice” and a “Designation Notice”...and when do you use each one?
This program has been approved for 5 hours of SHRM and HRCI recertification credits and CLE credits for attorneys.
This program comes to you on a FLASH DRIVE in an MP4 format and is broken down into 17 video sessions. You can watch each INDIVIDUAL video session at a time or all 5 hours at once. A massive 60 page handout is included. If you would prefer to have this program in a DVD format, please indicate this when placing your order.
On this flash drive, you will get:
- All 17 video sessions
- The entire 5 hour video program
- 60 page handout
- 1.25 hours Supervisor Training Video
- 26 page Supervisor Program handout
- Certificate of Completion
Click to view sample clips of the following videos:
This program has a Supervisor Program that is 1.25 hours long so you can train your supervisors in what they need to know about recognizing and complying with the FMLA. If you would like to get the Supervisor Program on DVD, please check the appropriate box on the registration form. The Supervisor Program comes with a 26 page handout.
Order Employment Law Videos