Conducting a Legal and Effective Workplace Investigation
Complete Training Session
SO...you just had an internal charge of HARASSMENT, an ACCIDENT, a THEFT, an ASSAULT or so on.
It is time to conduct a workplace investigation. DO YOU KNOW HOW TO DO IT THORUGHLY, ACCURATELY and so it will HOLD UP IN COURT?
- Who Should You Interview? Employees? Former Employees? Customers?
- How Can You Avoid Charges Of DEFAMATION In Conducting A Workplace Investigation?
- What Questions Should You Ask...And What Can You NOT Ask?
- What Is The “Cat’s Paw Theory” And How Will It INVALIDATE Your Investigation Results?
- What Is The “FUNNEL” Approach?
- How Do You Use “NON-LEADING” Questions To Uncover The Truth?
- When Should You RECORD The Interviews?
- What POLICIES Should You Have In Place To Assist You In Your Investigation?
- When Should You Conduct The Investigation YOURSELF...And When Do You Need An ATTORNEY?
- What DOCUMENTS Are Pertinent To An Investigation?
- What Is A “ZIPPER QUESTION”?
- When Is It Legal To Tell Employees NOT TO TALK About The Investigation To Others...And When Is It NOT LEGAL?
- ...and MUCH, MUCH more...
In this session, you will learn:
- The proper way to interview witnesses,
- The legal pitfalls of conducting a workplace investigation
- How to properly document your investigation and
- How to draft a final investigation report.
THIS SESSION IS APPROVED FOR 3 HOURS OF SHRM CREDITS AND HRCI GENERAL CREDITS